Decatur Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decatur Heights

A forum for the residents of the Decatur Heights neighborhood in Decatur, GA.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David @ 614 Sycamore Drive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
David (forum admin)
Admin

David @ 614 Sycamore Drive Empty
PostSubject: David @ 614 Sycamore Drive   David @ 614 Sycamore Drive Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 11:39 am

My name is David and I live at 614 Sycamore Drive, very near the Pinehurst intersection. It's a small white house way back from the street behind a tall white picket fence.

I grew up at 217 Pinehurst St. (now replaced by a newer house) in the 40s and 50s, attended Glennwood and then DHS in the early 60s, and then Georgia Tech in the late 60s (obtaining a BME and MSIM degree).

I moved away from the area after graduating from GT, and returned after retiring in 2000. (I also have a place on Lake Hartwell.)

Growing up in Decatur Heights as a kid, and having a paper route in the neighborhood, I was at least acquainted with most of the neighbors. Now, I know few of them, beyond my immediate neighbors and those active in the DHNA. But, that's OK. I subscribe to the principle and "live and let live."

But, I'm very interested in maintaining Decatur Heights as a quiet, safe place to live and raise children; with a low crime rate and well maintained homes and yards (to keep our property values high).

If there were a ranking of small communities within six miles of downtown of top 10 metropolitan areas. I'd vote Decatur #1. If there are better places, I don't know of them. And, I'd vote Decatur Heights as tied for the best neighborhood in Decatur.

Both my properties in Decatur Heights are currently listed for sale (see the "Homes for Sale" forum) but it's not because I don't want to stay here. Hopefully, I'll retain one of the two properties. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://decaturheights.board-directory.net

David @ 614 Sycamore Drive
Page 1 of 1